1. It’s in production – Tom Hanks stated in 2015 that he had already started recording the voiceover.
2. We’ll be able to see it in more than 2 years from now with the USA release date being June 21, 2019.
3. John Lasseter will be directing. He directed the first two Toy Story films so Toy Story 4 is in safe hands.
4. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will return as Woody and Buzz. It’s impossible to imagine anyone else voicing the iconic characters.
5. With Tom Hanks and Tim Allen returning, we can assume Woody and Buzz will be back. Disney’s announcement stated that it will “open a new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the ‘Toy Story’ gang.”
6. There’s a good chance Bonnie, from Toy Story 3, will be back.
7. Pixar’s John Lasseter is really excited about bringing this idea to the big screen. Here are John Lasseter’s exact words:
We love these characters so much; they are like family to us. We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. ‘Toy Story 3’ ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another ‘Toy Story’ movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.
I understand why people are a bit wary of a sequel, especially after how perfectly Toy Story 3 wrapped up, but I think it could turn out to be even better.